A very fine Regency rosewood centre table by Miles and Edwards, having an octagonal top with a molded edge over a parcel-gilt and carved rosewood pedestal ending in a tripartite base with gilt bronze acanthus leaf feet, the whole possessing vivid grain and perfectly faded patina. Miles and Edwards established premises at 134 Oxford Street, London, in 1821, and were active at that site until, 1845. For further information on Miles and Edwards, please see Miles and Edwards of London by Felicity Mallet, Furniture history Vol. 6 (1970), pp. 73-80. Please note, the measure size of the top listed below is 61″ x 61″ (flat side to flat side). The measurement corner to corner is 66″.